Thu, Oct 10|
Navigating Tough Conversations in the Workplace: Strategies for Effective Communication
Join Workplace Peace Institute and Dr. Betty Iglesias Snyder to learn the art of effective workplace communication, providing you with practical strategies to navigate challenging discussions with confidence and purpose.
Time & Location
Oct 10, 2024, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM CDT
About the Event
Tough conversations are an unavoidable part of professional life, and how you handle them can significantly impact your career and workplace relationships. Join us for an engaging webinar where we will delve into the art of effective communication, providing you with practical strategies to navigate challenging discussions with confidence and purpose. This webinar is tailored for leaders, managers, and professionals seeking to enhance their communication abilities in challenging situations.
By participating in this webinar, you will:
- Recognize the Need for Tough Conversations: Understand when and why tough conversations are necessary in the workplace.
- Develop Effective Communication Skills: Acquire practical communication techniques to express your thoughts and emotions clearly and empathetically.
- Manage Emotions: Learn strategies for managing your own emotions and de-escalating tense situations during tough conversations.
- Build Trust and Rapport: Explore how effective communication can strengthen trust and rapport with colleagues and team members.
- Resolve Conflicts Constructively: Discover methods for turning tough conversations into opportunities for conflict resolution and collaboration.
Join us for this insightful webinar to equip yourself with the knowledge and skills necessary to navigate tough conversations with confidence and purpose. Enhance your professional relationships and your ability to address challenging issues effectively.
Betty Iglesias Snyder, PsyD is a licensed clinical psychologist. She works as a trainer, coach, mediator, DEI consultant, and facilitator. Her work focuses on healing and educating individuals, communities, and organizations globally. Betty was formerly Director and Associate Clinical Faculty for the Center for Conflict Management and Dispute Resolution program at Southern Methodist University. She also serves as a lecturer at both the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at the Pepperdine School of Law and the Institute for Conflict Management at Lipscomb University. She teaches courses in communication, mediation, psychology of conflict, culture and gender, peacebuilding, and neuroscience. Prior to her work at Southern Methodist University, she worked as a program director for the Center for Public Policy Dispute Resolution at the University of Texas School of Law where she provided a wide range of alternative dispute resolution services including multi-party mediation to governmental agencies, policymakers and others involved in public disputes. She is a published author and has been featured in two documentaries.
Dr. Snyder teaches Leading with Trust & Integrity, Trauma-Informed Leadership, Navigating Tough Conversations with Confidence & Purpose, The Brain in Conflict & Connection, Conflict Dynamics, and The Science of Inclusion & Belonging for the Leadership Academy.
- Ticket type
Navigating Tough ConversationsPrice$0.00